Here are the guidelines for the paper, which is a review of a
scholarly article that is 10+ pages long.
look it up through Google or some other general search engine.
- Go to the Tech home page.
- Click on the Library link.
- Click on the Indexes & Databases
- Click on the JSTOR or the
International Bibliography. (Not the MLA Directory of
- If you are off campus, log in
with your student id and the password (the default password is
- Look up an article on one of the
works that we are reading this quarter.
- Download the article. You
need to send it to me along with your paper.
- Read the article.
- Write a review.
- It should be 2+ pages long (not 1
- About two thirds of the review
should be summary of what the article says.
- The last third should be your
- Write the bibliographical
information for the article in good MLA form. For online
sources, display the stable URL in your Bibliography.
- Submit the REVIEW AND THE ARTICLE (or
a link to it if it's available online) to me. In
face-to-face classes, I want a paper copy of your assignments
AND an electronic copy submitted through Moodle to
TurnItIn. In online classes, submit your paper through
Moodle to TurnItIn. If you have trouble uploading it
Moodle, you may email it to me at email@example.com.
You may also bring a paper copy by my office. You are
still responsible for turning in the assignment by the due date,
so plan ahead.