Steven A. Jones
Refereed Journal Publications
Last Updated September 10, 2004
1. Jones, Steven A., Fronek, Arnost, “Analysis of break frequencies downstream of a constriction in a cylindrical tube," J. Biomechanics, 20:319-327, 1987.
2. Jones, Steven A., Fronek, Arnost, “Effects of vibrations on steady flow downstream of a stenosis," J. Biomechanics, 21:903-914, 1988.
Baldzer, K., Dykes, F.D.,
5. David, J.Y., Jones, S.A., Giddens, D.P., “Modern spectral analysis techniques for blood flow velocity and spectral measurements with pulsed Doppler ultrasound," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 38:589-596, 1991.
6. Wendling, F., Jones, S., and Giddens, D., “Simulation of Doppler ultrasound signals for a laminar, pulsatile, nonuniform flow," Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 18:179-193, 1992.
7. Vignola, J., Berthelot, Y., Jones, S., and Jarzyinski, J., “Equation of motion of microparticles in suspension in an insonified medium," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 92:332-334, 1992.
8. White, S.S., Zarins, C.K., Giddens, D.P., Bassiouny, H., Loth, F., Jones, S.A., and Glagov, S., “Hemodynamic patterns in two models of end-to-side vascular graft anastomoses: Effects of pulsatility, flow division, Reynolds number and hood length," J Biomechanical Engineering, 115:104-111, 1993.
9. Jones, S.A., “Fundamental sources of error and spectral broadening in Doppler ultrasound signals," Crc Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 21:399-483, 1993.
10. Anayiotos, A., Giddens, D.P., Jones, S.A., Glagov, S., and Zarins, C.K., “Shear stress at a compliant model of the human carotid bifurcation," J Biomechanical Engineering, 116:98-106, 1994.
11. Jones, S.A., “A relationship between Reynolds stresses and viscous dissipation: Implications to red cell damage," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 23:21-28, 1995.
12. Tsao, R., Jones, S.A., Giddens, D.P., Zarins, C.K., Glagov, S., “An automated three-dimensional particle tracking technique for the study of modeled arterial flow fields." J Biomechanical Engineering, 117:211-218, 1995.
13. Pritchard, W.F., Davies, P.F., Derafshi, Z., Polacek, D.C., Tsao, R., Dull, R.O., Jones, S.A., and Giddens, D.P., “Effects of wall shear stress and fluid recirculation on the localization of circulating monocytes in a three-dimensional flow model,” Journal of Biomechanics, 28:1459-1469, 1995.
14. Jones, S.A., Leclerc, H., Chatzimavroudis, G.P., Kim, Y.H., Scott, N.A., and Yoganathan, A.P., “The influence of acoustic impedance mismatch on post-stenotic pulsed-Doppler ultrasound measurements in a coronary artery model," Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 22:623-634, 1996
15. Jones, S.A., Loth, F., Giddens, D.P., Morita, I., Kajiya, F., Osamu, H., Ogasawara, Y, Tsujioka, K., Zarins, C.K., “In vivo measurements of blood flow velocity profiles in canine ilio-femoral anastomotic bypass grafts," J Biomechanical Engineering, 119:30-38, 1997.
16. Loth, F., Jones, S.A., Giddens, D.P., Bassiouny, H., Glagov, S., Zarins, C.K., “Measurements of velocity and wall shear stress inside a PTFE vascular graft model under steady flow conditions," J Biomechanical Engineering, 119:187-194, 1997.
17. Jones, S.A., “The Effects of Arterial Stenosis on Red Cells”, Journal of Heart Valve Disease, 7:396-399, 1998.
18. Hinds, M.T., Park, Y.J., Jones, S.A., Giddens, D.P., and Alevriadou, B.R., “Local hemodynamics affect monocytic cell adhesion to a three-dimensional flow model coated with e-selectin,” J Biomechanics, 34:95-103, 2001.
19. Lei, M., Giddens, D.P., Jones, S.A., Loth, F., and Bassiouny, H., “Pulsatile flow in an end-to-side vascular graft model: Comparison of computations with Experimental Data,” J Biomechanical Engineering., 123:80-87, 2001.
20. Loth, F., Jones, S.A., Zarins, C.K., Nassar, R., Giddens, D.P., Glagov, S., and Bassiouny, H. “Shear stress modulates anastomotic intimal hyperplastic thickening," J Biomechanical Engineering, 124:44-51, 2002.
21. Jones, S.A., and Kirankumar, K., “Reduction of Coherent Scattering Noise with Multiple Receiver Doppler,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 28:647-653, 2002.
23. Lei, M., Giddens, D.P., Jones, S.A., Loth, F., and Bassiouny, H., “Numerical Simulation of Pulsatile Flow in A Model Carotid Bifurcation – Correlation of Hemodynamic Factors With In Vivo Intimal Thickness Data,” Cardiovascular Medicine and Science, Accepted for publication June 2002.
24. Hua A, Jones SA, deVilliers MM, and Lvov YM, "Nano-encapsulation of furosemide microcrystals for controlled drug release," Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 86, pp. 59-68, 2002.
27. Hua A, Jones SA and Lvov Y, "Biomedical Applications of Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Nano-Assembly of Polymers, Enzymes and Nanoparticles," Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 39:23-43, 2003.
28. Ram SJ, Barz AB, Zsom L, Jones SA, Magnasco A, Swamy S, and Paulson WD, “In vivo validation of glucose pump test for measurement of hemodialysis access flow,” American Journal of Kidney Disease, 42:752-760, 2003.
29. Kantak A, Gale BK, Lvov Y and Jones S, “Platelet function analyzer: Shear activation of platelets in microchannels,” Biomedical Microdevices, 5:207-215, 2003.
31. Grevious MA, Loth F, Jones SA, Arslan N, Curi M, Schwartz LB, and Bassiouny HS, "Technical considerations in the construction of vascular anastomoses," in J Moore, ed. Biomedical Technology and Devices Handbook, CRC Press, Ch. 24, pp. 1-17, 2003.
32. Paulson WD and Jones SA, “Hemodynamics of the Hemodialysis Access: Implications for Clinical Management,” in Ronco C, Levin NW eds, Hemodialysis Vascular Access and Peritoneal Dialysis Access, Contrib Nephrol. Basel, Karger, 142:238 –253, 2003.
33. Jones SA, Song J, Kantak A, Bell DA and Paulson WD, “A mathematical model for pressure losses in the hemodialysis graft vascular circuit,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, In Press.