Ph.D. - Civil Engineering: University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA 2007
M.A.Sc. Civil Engineering: Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 2002
B.Sc. Civil Engineering: Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2000
4. Wasiuddin, N.M., Marshall, A., Saltibus, N.E., Saber, A., Abadie, C., and Mohammad, L.N., Use of Sweep Test for Emulsion and Hot Asphalt Chip Seals: Laboratory and Field Evaluation, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 41, Issue 2, 2013.
5. Wasiuddin, N.M., Saha, R., King Jr., W., Mohammad, L.N., Effects of Temperature and Shear Rate on Viscosity of Sasobitฎ-Modified Asphalt Binders, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 6, 2012, pp. 369-378.
6. Buddhala A., Hossain Z., Wasiuddin N.M., Zaman M., and ORear E., Effects of an Amine Anti-Stripping Agent on Moisture Susceptibility of Sasobit and Aspha-Min Mixes by Surface Free Energy Analysis, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 40, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 91-99.
7. Hossain, Z., Zaman, M., Wasiuddin, N.M., Sneed, J., and ORear, E., Rheological Evaluation of Warm Mix and Anti-Stripping Additives Modified Performance Grade Binders, Road Materials and Pavement Design, Vol. 12, No. 4, 2011, pp. 875-895.
8. Wasiuddin, N.M., Zaman, M.M., and Tarefder, R.A., Use of Chat-Asphalt As a Paving Material: Field Performance Assessment, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2011, pp. 71-79.
9. Wasiuddin, N.M., Saltibus, N.E., Mohammad, L.N., Novel Moisture-Conditioning Method for Adhesive Failure of Hot- and Warm-Mix Asphalt Binders, Transportation Research Record, Issue 2208, 2011, pp. 108-117.
10. Wasiuddin, N.M., Hamid, W.B., Zaman, M.M., and Nairn, R.W., Use of Raw Chat in HMA Surface Environmental and Engineering Characterization, Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Vol. 36, No. 2, 2010, pp. 69-80.
11. Wasiuddin, N.M., Zaman, M.M. and ORear, E.A. Polymeric Aggregate Treatment Using Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR) for Moisture-Induced Damage Potential, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2010, pp. 1-9.
12. Wasiuddin, N.M., Commuri, S. and Zaman, M.M., Calibration of Non-Nuclear PQI Gauges and Field Comparison of PQI and Nuclear Gauge Densities, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 5, 2009, pp. 181-187.
13. Wasiuddin, N.M., Zaman, M.M. and ORear, E.A., Effect of Sasobitฎ and Aspha-Minฎ on Wettability and Adhesion between Asphalt Binders and Aggregates, Transportation Research Record, Issue 2051, 2008, pp. 80-89.
14. Wasiuddin, N.M., Selvamohan, S., Zaman, M.M. and Guegan, M.L.T., A Comparative Laboratory Study of Sasobitฎ and Aspha-Minฎ in Warm Mix Asphalt, Transportation Research Record, Issue 1998, 2007, pp. 82-88.
15. Wasiuddin, N.M., Fogle, C.M., Zaman, M.M. and ORear, E.A., Characterization of Thermal Degradation of Liquid Amine Anti-Strip Additives in Asphalt Binders Due to RTFO and PAV-Aging, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 35, Issue 4, 2007, pp. 387-394.
16. Wasiuddin, N.M., Fogle, C.M., Zaman, M.M. and ORear, E.A., Effect of Anti-Strip Additives on Surface Free Energy Characteristics of Asphalt Binders for Moisture-Induced Damage Potential, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 35, Issue 1, 2007, pp. 36-44.
17. Wasiuddin, N.M., Zaman, M.M., Nairn, R.W. and Kolothody, N., Characteristics of Chat-Asphalt for Road Base Application, Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Vol. 32, No. 3, 2006, pp. 125-137.
18. Rahman, M.H., Wasiuddin, N.M. and Islam, M.R., Experimental and Numerical Modeling Studies of Arsenic Removal with Wood Ash from Aqueous Streams, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 82, No. 5, 2004, pp. 968-977.
19. Wasiuddin, N.M., Tango, M. and Islam, M.R., A Novel Method for Arsenic Removal at Low Concentrations, Energy Sources, Vol. 24, No. 11, 2002, pp. 1031-1041.
Dr. Wasiuddin served as a reviewer for over 175 articles for the following journals (as of October 2018).
1. Construction and Building Materials (Elsevier)
2. NDT&E International (Elsevier)
3. Soils and Foundations (Japanese Geotechnical Society)
4. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities (ASCE)
5. Journal of Transportation Engineering (ASCE)
6. International Journal of Pavement Engineering (International Society for Concrete Pavements)
7. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (ASCE)
8. International Journal of Geomechanics (ASCE)
9. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management (Widener University School of Engineering)
10. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology (Chinese Society of Pavement Engineering),
11. Energy & Fuels (American Chemical Society)
12. Journal of Testing and Evaluation (ASTM)
13. Advances in Civil Engineering Materials (ASTM)
14. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board
(a) Characteristics of Nonasphalt Components of Asphalt Paving Mixtures Committee (AFK30) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB)
(b) Characteristics of Asphalt Materials Committee (AFK20) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB)
(c) Characteristics of Asphalt-Aggregate Combinations to Meet Surface Requirements Committee (AFK40) of the Transportation Research Board (TRB).
(d) Abstract Reviewer, Annual (1st through 4th) Doctoral Student Research Workshop in Asphalt Materials and Mixtures of the Transportation Research Board (TRB)
15. GeoFlorida 2010 Advances in Analysis, Modeling and Design, ASCE Conference
16. Other Conferences
Dr. Wasiuddin established a pavement materials laboratory from scratch primarily through external competitive funding. The following is a list of the equipment that was purchased (or acquired from LA DOTD/ LTRC) during the period 2009 through 2014.
Dynamic Shear Rheometer
Bending Beam Rheometer
Gyratory Shear Compactor
Rolling Thin Film Oven
Pressure Aging Vessel
Asphalt Pavement Analyzer
Pneumatic Adhesion Tensile Testing Instrument
Skid Resistance Tester and
Core Drilling Machine
Three Forced Draft Ovens and Two Scales
Two Microscopes with Automatic Image/Video Capturing Capacity
Indirect Tensile Strength Equipment (Modified Marshall Stabilometer)
Asphalt Vibratory Compactor
NCAT Ignition Oven
Gilson Large Sieve Shaker
One (1) doctoral position is immediately available in the Civil Engineering Program at the Louisiana Tech University in the area of pavement materials and design, primarily in asphalt technology that include asphalt rheology, asphalt/aggregate surface science, asphalt mix design, performance prediction and green technologies for asphalt pavement. Please contact Dr. Wasi immediately for details if you are interested.
LA Tech students please visit the center website for Transportation Regional Internship Program (TRIP) and Honors Engineering Research Experience (HERE) and other opportunities. Please visit: www.sptc.org
College of Engineering and Science