· M. Drndic, S. Zivanovic, and D. Qi, "Polymer-nanocrystal quantum dot composites and optoelectronic devices," U.S. Patent 7,811,479, October 12, 2010.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
1. S. Alzghoul, M. Hailat, S. Zivanovic, L. Que, G. Shah, "Measurement of serum prostate cancer biomarkers using a nanopore thin film based optofluidic chip," , , 15 March 2016, Pages 491–498.
2. Mir Abdullah-Al-Galib, Bo Hou, Tahmeed Shahriad, Sandra Zivanovic, Adarsh D. Radadia, “Stability of few layer graphene films doped with gold (III) chloride,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 366, pp. 78–84, January 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.01.065
3. Ashish Sharma, Justin M. Melancon, Sheila G. Bailey, and Sandra R. Zivanovic, “Betavoltaic Cells Using P3HT Semiconductive Conjugated Polymer,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 2320-2326, July 2015.
4. Justin M. Melancon and Sandra R. Zivanovic, "Broadband gain in poly(3-hexylthiophene):phenyl-C61-butyric-acid-methyl-ester photodetectors enabled by a semicontinuous gold interlayer," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 105, Issue 16, pp. 163301-1 - 163301-4, October 2014.
5. Yashdeep Khopkar, Arben Kojtari, Dayne Swearer, Sandra Zivanovic, and Hai-Feng Ji, "Perylenetetracarboxylic Diimide (PTCDI) Nanowires for Sensing Ethyl Acetate in Wine," Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 14, Number 9, pp. 6786-6788(3), September 2014.
6. Z. Jelic, J. Petrovic, P. Matavulj, J. Melancon, A. Sharma, C. Zellhofer, and S. Zivanovic, "Modeling of the polymer solar cell with a P#HT:PCBM active layer," Physica Scripta, Vol. T162, article no. 014035 (4pp), September 2014.
J. P. Petrović, P. S. Matavulj,
L. R. Pinto, A. Thapa, and S. R. Živanović,
"Thickness dependent absorption and
polaron photogeneration in
19. D.K. Chambers, S. Karanam, D. Qi, S. Selmic, Y. Losovyj, L. Rosa, and P. Dowben, "The electronic structure of oriented poly[2-methoxy-5-(2'-ethyl-hexyloxy)- 1,4-phenylene-vinylene]", Applied Physics A, vol. 80, pp. 483-488, 2005.
20. S. R. Selmic et al., "Single-Frequency 1550-nm AlGaInAs/InP Tapered High-Power Laser with distributed Bragg Reflector", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters , Volume: 14, Issue: 7 , pp. 890 -892, July 2002
21. J. Elazar, S. Selmic, M. Tomic, and M. Prokin, "A fibre-optic displacement sensor for a cyclotron environment based on a modified triangulation method", IOP Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics , vol. 4, S347-S355, Nov. 2002.
22. S. R. Selmic et al., "Design and Characterization of 1.3 um AlGaInAs/InP Multiple Quantum Well Lasers," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 7, no.2, pp. 340 -349, Mar/Apr 2001.
24. S. Zivanovic, V. Milanovic, and Z. Ikonic, "Intraband absorption in semiconductor quantum wells in the presence of perpendicular magnetic field," Physical Review B, vol. 52, pp. 8305-8311, September 1995.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
1. Ashish Sharma, Justin Melancon, Sheila Bailey, and Sandra Zivanovic, “Novel use of semiconductive conjugated polymer with optimized scintillator for betavoltaic applications,” #IMECE2015-50739, ASME IMECE (International mechanical engineering congress&exposition) 2015, Proc. ASME. 57441; Volume 6B: Energy, V06BT07A041, article # IMECE2015-50739, November 13, 2015, doi: 10.1115/IMECE2015-50739.
10. Jovana Petrović, Petar Matavulj, Leon Pinto, Sandra Zivanović Selmić, "Charge generation and recombination in the ITO/PEDOT:PSS/MEH-PPV/AL photodiode studied by photocurrent dependence on light intensity," 53rd ETRAN (Society for Electronics, Telecommunications, Computers, Automatic Control and Nuclear Engineering) Conference Proceeding, Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia, June 15-18, 2009, Optoelectronics MO 5, article no. MO5.4.
11. J. Cannon, S.D. Bearden Jr., S. Selmic, S. A. Gold, "Semiconducting polythiophene nanotubes by template wetting nanofabrication," 2008 AIChE Annual Meeting, Conference Proceedings, 2008 AIChE Spring National Meeting, New Orleans, LA, April 06-10, 2008.
12. Jovana Petrović, Petar Matavulj, and Sandra Selmić, "Modeling of the Photocurrent Spectra of the ITO/PDOT:PSS/MEHPPV:Al Photodetectors," Electronic Proceedings of 51st ETRAN Conference, paper MO4.3-1-4, Herceg Novi-Igalo, Montenegro, June 4-8, 2007.
13. Brijesh Raut, David Keith Chambers, Chad B. O'Neal and Sandra Selmic, "Reactive Ion Etching of Light Emitting MEH-PPV and Conducting PEDOT:PSS Polymer Materials," American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Electronic and Photonic Packaging, EPP, Proceedings of 2006 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, IMECE2006 - Electronic and Photonics Packaging, 2006, 14997, 4p, November 5-10, 2006, Chicago, Illinois.
14. D. K. Chambers and S. Selmic, "Advanced Characterization of the Electronic Structure of MEH-PPV," presentation I6.20, Materials Research Society (MRS) Spring Meeting 2005, April 1 2005, San Francisco; Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, Organic Thin-Film Electronics, v 871, pp. 197-202.
15. D. Qi, K. Varahramyan, and S. Selmic, "Fabrication and Photoelectrical Characteristics of Polymer-Organic-Blend Photodetectors", Materials Research Society Spring Meeting, Symposium I Flexible Electronics-Materials and Device Technology, April 15, 2004, San Francisco - MRS Proceeding, vol. 814, pp. 311-316.
16. S. R. Zivanovic, T. M. Chou, J. B. Kirk, G. A. Evans, J. N. Walpole, J. P. Donnelly, C. T. Harris, and L. J. Missaggia, "High-Power 1.55 um AlGaInAs/InP DBR Tapered Laser," Coference Digest 2000 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics CLEO/Europe , Nice, France, 10-15 September 2000, p.325.
17. S. Zivanovic, J. Elazar, and M. Tomic, "A fiber-optic position sensor for non-contact measurement in hostile environment," in Proc. 10th Annual Meeting IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society (LEOS'97) (San Francisco, U.S.A.), vol. 2, November 1997, pp. 562-563.
18. S. Zivanovic, J. Elazar, and M. Tomic, "Fiber-optic displacement sensor," in Proc. 21th International conference on microelectronics MIEL (Nis, Serbia), vol. 2, September 1997, pp. 561-564.
19. S. Zivanovic, M. Tomic, and S. Petricevic, "Fiber-optical liquid level measurement in explosive environment," in Proc. 41st Yugoslav Conf. ETRAN (Zlatibor, Yugoslavia), vol. 4, June 1997, pp. 149-152.
20. S. Zivanovic, M. Tomic, and J. Elazar, "Optical method for dee position determination in cyclotron," in Proc. 40th Yugoslav Conf. ETRAN (Budva, Yugoslavia), vol. 4, June 1996, pp. 118-121.
Conference and Meeting Presentations
1. Md. Monirul Islam, Mark A. DeCoster, and Sandra Zivanovic, “ Optical and electrical properties of copper biocomposites” , The 90th Annual Meeting of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences, Material Science and Engineering, Alexandria, LA, Saturday, 23 April 2016.
2. S. Alzghoul, M. Hailat, S. Zivanovic, L. Que, and G. Shah, "Development of nanopore thin film-based optofluidic sensors for measurement of circulating prostate cancer markers," poster presentation at Gordon Research Conference: Cancer Nanotechnology, Mount Snow, West Dover, VT, June 28 - July 3, 2015.
3. S. Alzghoul, M. Hailat, S. Zivanovic, G. Shah, and L. Que, “Detection of neuroendocrine marker in blood samples using an optofluidic chip,” Transducers 2015 IEEE Conference, The 18th International Conference of Solid-State Sensors, Actuators, and Microsystems, Poster no. M3P.056, Anchorage, Alaska, June 21-25, 2015.
4. Justin M. Melancon and Sandra R. Zivanovic, “Polymer based photodetector with gain enabled by gold nanoparticle interlayer,” 2nd International Conference on Electrical, Electronic and Computing Engineering IcETRAN 2015 in conjunction with the 59th annual meeting of ETRAN Society, Microelectronics and Optoelectronics, MOI1.1 Optoelectronics Session, Silver Lake, Serbia, June 8-11, 2015.
5. Salah Eldeen Alzghoul, Sandra Zivanovic (advisor), “Multiplexing detection and screening of the prostate cancer by using nano-sensor,” 2015 Student Research Symposium, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, February 13, 2015.
6. Mir Galib, Adarsh Radadia, and Sandra Zivanovic, “Doping and Characterizations of Few-Layer Graphene for Optoelectronic Application,” poster presentation and NANOSMAT Young Scientist Lecture Competition -presentation no. NANO-157, NANOSMAT 2014 USA- International Conference on Surfaces, Coatings and Nanostructured Materials, 19-22 May 2014, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA.
7. Ashish Sharma, Justin Melancon, Caroline Zellhofer, and Sandra Zivanovic, “Experimental optimization of polymer solar cell with P3HT:PCBM active layer”, Louisiana Academy of Sciences, 88th Annual Meeting, Louisiana State University, Alexandria, LA, March 8, 2014. Ashish Sharma-Certificate of Achievement- Best Graduate Poster Presentation, Computer Science, Math and Statistics, and Material Science and Engineering.
8. Galib, M., Radadia, A., Sharma A., and Zivanovic S., “Experimental investigation of bilayer graphene transparent electrode in the application of photovoltaic cell” Louisiana Academy of Sciences, 88th Annual Meeting, Alexandria, LA, March 8, 2014.
9. Sandra Zivanovic, “BOR/NASA EPSCoR Project: Polymer Based Alpha/Beta Voltaics,” Invited talk at National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio, January 23, 2014.
10. S. R. Zivanovic, "Surface plasmon enhanced polymer photodetecting/photovoltaic devices," , Invited Talk- IEEE Student Chapter, LaTourneau University, Longview, TX, Friday, November 9, 2012.
11. S. R. Zivanovic and D. A. Genov, “Plasmonically Enhanced Solar Cells,” Nanotechnology for Louisiana Conference, Louisiana Tech University, Shreveport Center, Shreveport, LA, November 9, 2012.
12. S. R. Zivanovic, "Surface plasmon enhanced polymer photodetecting/photovoltaic devices," , Physics Colloquium at Department of Physics – Invited Talk, University of South Alabama,Mobile, AL, November 1, 2012.
13. A. Sharma (Presenter & Author), S. R. Zivanovic (Author Only), Genov, D. (Author Only), "Kinetic Model of a PN Junction Thin Film Solar Cell," Second Annual COES Graduate Conference, LaTech Univ., Ruston, LA, October 18, 2012.
14. J. Melancon (Presenter & Author), S. R. Zivanovic (Author Only), "Polymer Electron-Beam Detector," Second Annual COES Graduate Conference, LaTech Univ., Ruston, LA, October 18, 2012.
15. S. R. Zivanovic, D. A. Genov, A. Thapa, M. Koorie, S. Animilli, "Surface plasmon enhanced P3HT:PCBM photodetecting/photovoltaic devices," SPIE Optics+Photonics Solar Energy + Technology Conference , San Diego, CA, August 12, 2012.
16. Justin Melancon, Mark Koorie, Chad O’Neal, and Sandra Zivanovic, "Electron Beam Detection with Thin Film Devices," Louisiana Academy of Sciences 2012 Annual Meeting, Alexandria, LA, March 3, 2012.
20. Daniel Desimone, Mark Koorie, Anil Thapa, Shravan Animilli, Sandra Zivanovic, and Dentcho Genov, "Theoretical and Experimental Study of Metal-Dielectric Composite Electrodes for Polymer Solar Cell Enhancement," Louisiana Academy of Science 85th Annual Meeting, Monroe, LA, February 26, 2011.
21. Daniel Desimone (Sandra Zivanovic-advisor), "Surface Plasmons for Solar Cell Application," The Triple EX (Excite, Explore, Experiment) Annual Symposium for Undergraduate Research, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA, November 3, 2010.
22. Jovana Petrović, Petar Matavulj, Leon Pinto and Sandra Zivanović, "The interplay of device structure and intrinsic polymer photophysics and its effects on the ITO/PEDOT:PSS/MEH-PPV/Al photocurrent spectra", MediNano-3, 3rd Mediterranean Conference on Nanophotonics, Belgrade, Serbia, October 19, 2010.
23. Dentcho Genov and Sandra Zivanovic Selmic, "Surface Plasmon Enhanced Solar Cell (SPESC),"Louisiana Tech University Energy Systems Conference, Shreveport, LA, November 5, 2009.
24. Leon Rohan Pinto, Jovana Petrovic, Petar Matavulj, David Keith Chambers, Fauzia Khatkhatay, and Sandra Zivanovic Selmic, "Photovoltaic Device Based on Poly(2-methoxy-5-(2'-ethyl-hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene) Polymer," Solar 2009- ASES (American Solar Energy Society) National Solar Conference, Buffalo, NY, May 12-16, 2009.
25. Leon Rohan Pinto, Jovana Petrovic, Petar Matavulj, David Keith Chambers, and Sandra Zivanovic Selmic, "Experimental & Theoretical Investigation of Photosensitive ITO/ PEDOT:PSS/ MEH-PPV/ Al Detector," 2009 MRS (Materials Resaerch Society) Spring Meeting , Symposium NN Active Polymers, San Francisco, CA, April 13-17, 2009.
27. Zhengzheng Zhang, David Keith Zhambers, Leon Rohan Pinto, Orhan Kizilkaya, Yaroslav Losovyj, Fauzia Khatkhatay, Srikanth Karanam, Sandra Zivanovic Selmic, "Doping Poly[2-methoxy-5-(2'-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene] (MEH-PPV) with Nanoparticles,", Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting, Symposium H Physics and Technology of Organic Semiconductor Devices, Poster H5, Boston, MA, December 2-5, 2008.
28. Scott Gold, Sandra Selmic, and Joseph Cannon "Electronic Polymer Nanostructures And Devices Via Template Wetting Nanofabrication" 2007 AIChE Annual Meeting Salt Lake City, Utah, November 4 - 9, 2007.
29. S. Peters, F. M. Khatkhatay, S. Selmic, "Ellipsometric Investigation of the Degradation of the MEH-PPV polymer under different ambient conditions," 4th International Conference for Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (ICSE 4), Stockholm, Sweden, June 11-15, 2007.
30. David Keith Chambers (Advisor: Sandra Selmic), "Reactive Ion Etching of Light Emitting MEH-PPV and Conducting PEDOT:PSS Polymer Materials, "2007 Louisiana Tech University Student Research Symposium on May 1, 2007.
31. Sandra Selmic, "Conjugated Polymer Optoelectronic Technology," US-Japan Young Scientists Symposium on Nanotechnology and Nanomanufacturing, Sankei Plaza, Tokyo, Japan, October 30, 2006.
32. J. Cannon, S. Gold, and S. Selmic, "Optoelectronic Polymer Nanowires via Template Wetting," AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, Nov. 2006.
33. Joseph Cook, Joseph Cannon, Sandra Selmic and Scott Gold, "Electronic Polymer Nanostructures and Devices Via Template Wetting," AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, Nov. 2006. Joseph Cook won the third place in the Materials Engineering and Science division at the AIChE undergraduate poster competition.
34. David Keith Chambers, Srikanth Karanam, Fauzia Khatkhatay, Orhan Kizilkaya, Ya.B. Losovyj, and Sandra Selmic, "Polarization and Temperature Dependent Effects in MEH-PPV/PbSe and MEH-PPV/PCBM Thin Films," 2006 Annual CAMD User Meeting, April 21 2006, Baton Rouge, LA.
40. Jie Liu, Difei Qi, and Sandra Selmic, "BEHP-co-MEH-PPV Polymer for Photovoltaic Applications," Environmental State of the State Conference IX, Oct 22, 2004, New Orleans, LA.
41. Difei Qi, Jie Liu, and Sandra Selmic, "Fabrication and Characterization of Conjugated Polymer Solar Cells Based on MEH-PPV and PCBM," Environmental State of the State Conference IX, Oct 22, 2004, New Orleans, LA.
42. S. Selmic, G. Ozgur, Z. Hilali, "AlGaInAs and InGaAsP Tapered Lasers" Metroplex Research Consortium Electronics Devices and Materials , April 5th 2002, Arlington, Texas.
43. S. Wilson, S. Selmic, J. Wang, G. Evans, J. Butler, J. Kirk, Z. Hilali, "High-power lenslike grating surface emitting laser," Metroplex Research Consortium Electronics Devices and Materials , April 5th 2002, Arlington, Texas.
44. S. R. Selmic et al., "High-Power Single-Frequency Semiconductor Lasers" 2001 IEEE Dallas Emerging Technologies Symposium , 10-11 September 2001, Richardson, Texas, pp. 48-52.
45. G. A. Evans, S. R. Selmic, T. M. Chou, J. B. Kirk, J. N. Walpole, J. P. Donnelly, C. T. Harris, and L. J. Missaggia, "High Power, Single-Frequency 1550 nm Semiconductor Lasers", 14th Annual Solid State and Diode Laser Techonology Review , 21-24 May 2001, Albuquerque, New Mexico, P-24.
46. S. R. Selmic, "High power DFB and DBR semiconductor lasers ," Metroplex Research Consortium Electronics Devices and Materials , March 16th 2001, Dallas, Texas.
47. G. A. Evans, S. R. Zivanovic, J. B. Kirk, T. M. Chou, J. N. Walpole, J. P. Donnelly, C. T. Harris, and L. J. Missaggia, "Single-frequency high-power AlGaInAs lasers at 1.55 um," Solid State and Diode Laser Technology Review 2000 , Albuquerque, USA, 4-5 June 2000.
48. J. Elazar, S. Zivanovic, and M. Tomic, "Dee position measurement system of the VINCY cyclotron", XXX European Cyclotron Progress Meeting, Italy, Catania, 4-6 September, 1996.
49. S. Zivanovic, V. Milanovic, and Z. Ikonic, "Intraband Magnetoabsorption in semiconductor quantum wells," in Proc. 20th International conference on microelectronics MIEL (Nis, Serbia), vol. 1, September 1995, pp. 125-128.
50. S. Zivanovic, V. Milanovic, and Z. Ikonic, "Semiclassical procedure for semiconductor quantum wells with position dependent effective mass," Symposium of Condensed Matter Physics (Kladovo, Yugoslavia), October 1997.
Last updated: November 2016.