About Dr. Peters
Andrew Peters is an assistant professor in Chemical Engineering at Louisiana Tech University. His research focuses on structural, thermodynamic, and dynamic phenomena in ordered soft matter systems using advanced simulation methods supplemented by experiment. The fundamentals of block copolymer phase separation and polymer dynamics are applied to facilitate nanoscale control in various contexts.
He earned his doctorate in chemical engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology with Professor Clifford Henderson, where he investigated diblock copolymer phase separation and directed self-assembly using coarse-grained molecular dynamics models. After leaving Georgia Tech, he was a postdoctoral associate at the University of Minnesota where he studied chain exchange and relaxation times in micelle forming triblock systems with Professor Timothy Lodge.
Awards and Honors
- Cover Art Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS (2016)
- Featured Article Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS (2016)
- Georgia Tech Research and Innovation Conference Fellowship (2012)
- Best Paper at International Symposium on Lithography Extensions (2011)
- Post-Doctorate - 2017 University of Minnesota
- Doctorate - 2015 Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bachelors - 2010 University of Maryland
- Andrew J. Peters, Benjamin D. Nation, Daniel Nicoloso, Peter J. Ludovice, Clifford L. Henderson; "Protracted Colored Noise Dynamics Applied to Linear Polymer Systems", Macromolecular Theory and Simulations, 2018, 1700062 (doi: 10.1002/mats.201700062)
- Andrew J. Peters, Timothy P. Lodge; "Chain Exchange Kinetics of Asymmetric B1AB2 Linear Triblock and AB1B2 Branched Triblock Copolymers", Macromolecules, 2017, 50, 6303-6313 (doi: 10.1021/acs.macromol.7b01046)
- Andrew J. Peters, Timothy P. Lodge; "Comparison of Gel Relaxation Times and End-block Pullout Times in ABA Triblock Copolymer Networks", Macromolecules, 2016, 49, 7340-7349 (doi: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b01921)
- Andrew J. Peters, Richard A. Lawson, Benjamin D. Nation, Peter J. Ludovice, Clifford L. Henderson; "Calculations of the free energy of dislocation defects in lamellae forming diblock copolymers using thermodynamic integration", J. Micro-Nanolith. Mem., 2016, 15, 023505 (Featured Article) (doi: 10.1117/1.JMM.15.2.023505)
- Andrew J. Peters, Richard A. Lawson, Benjamin D. Nation, Peter J. Ludovice, Clifford L. Henderson; "Coarse-grained molecular dynamics modeling of the kinetics of lamellar block copolymer defect annealing", J. Micro-Nanolith. Mem. , 2016, 15, 013508 (Cover Article) (doi: 10.1117/1.JMM.15.1.013508)
For a complete list of Dr. Peters's publications, please click here.
For Dr. Peters's CV, please click here.